Sweet Pulled PorkPrint Pin Rate
- Place pork and water in a 3-4 quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork, discard cooking liquid, then return meat to slow cooker; shred with 2 forks.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar, ground pepper, chili powder and cilantro. Cover and continue cooking on LOW for another hour.
- Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package.
- About 15 minutes before the pork is ready, Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange Brussels on a cookie sheet; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven and roast for 10-20 minutes.
- While sprouts are roasting, core and chop apples. Place in a microwave safe dish along with water, and microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- Once apples are soft, mash gently with a potato masher or the back of a fork; sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired.
- Serve pork on top of brown rice, with veggies and apples on the side. (Serving size: 1 cup shredded pork, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup Brussels, 1 apple).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie