- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine the first four ingredients (through salt) and stir to combine.
- Shred sweet potato, then add to the flour mixture. Using your hands to mix, coat the sweet potato pieces with flour.
- Add the oil and work with your hands to bring the dough together. (You really have to be patient with working this dough together so that the flour absorbs the oil. If you are concerned that it is not coming together, just add another teaspoon of oil and continue to work it into a ball using your hands.)
- Form the dough into a rectangle and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes, then roll out on parchment paper or a dry, clean surface until 1/2-inch thick.
- Using a knife, cut the dough into sticks, approximately 2 inches long by 1/4 inch wide.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie