- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup sugar, turbinado
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffin tin.
- If sweet potato is not already cooked, boil it in a pot of water until soft. Drain, let cool to touch, and mash.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, water, oil, vanilla and sweet potato; blend well.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and apple sauce.
- Mix sugar mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Gently stir in eggs, be careful not to over-mix. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Pour an even amount into each muffin cup. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 223mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g