- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/8 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large egg white
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 cup, cubes cantaloupe
- Poke a fork into sweet potato 5-6 times. Cook in microwave for 5-6 minutes, turning over halfway through. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Scoop inside of potato into a medium bowl. Mix in protein powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg until well-blended.
- Whisk egg whites; add to potato and mix until smooth. If the batter is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form on surface and edges look dry. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Continue until all batter has been used.
- Top pancakes with maple syrup and almonds. Serve with cantaloupe on the side.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 244mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g