- 1 cup lentils, raw
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 10 ounce tomatoes with green chilies, canned
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 ounce tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 cup raspberries
- Cook lentils as directed on package.
- Dice onion, bell pepper, and potatoes; mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 3-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sweet potatoes and garlic and continue to cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth, tomatoes, cooked lentils, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until the desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with toppings as desired, and serve raspberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie