- 2 medium sweet potato
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon Tahini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 cup bell pepper, red
- Pierce each potato with a fork and cook in microwave for 5 minutes per each potato. Scoop out potato from skin and transfer to a food processor or high quality blender.
- Combine drained and rinsed chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, cumin and garlic in the food processor. Puree, about 1 minute; thin with water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- Cut broccoli into smaller florets, peel and cut carrots into sticks and cut pepper into strips.
- Serve hummus with veggies for dipping.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 289mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g