- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 ounce salmon
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup wild rice, raw
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 cup peaches, canned in own juice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice cooks, mix honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, juice from the lemon, crushed garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade into a ziplock bag and add the salmon. Move salmon around to fully coat and allow to marinate for at least 25 minutes. (Place the salmon with skin-side up so the marinade is easily absorbed).
- Ten minutes before the rice has finished, preheat a large, non-stick skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add oil to hot skillet and allow to melt and coat the skillet (add more if necessary, depending on size of skillet).
- Add salmon to hot oil, skin-side up. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, then remove the lid, cook for an additional minute, and flip. Cover again and cook for 3 minutes more or until cooked through.
- Once the salmon has started cooking, add broccoli and approximately 1 inch of water to a large pot.
- Bring the water to a low boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking; drain water, cover, and set aside until ready to serve. (Or use a steamer basket if preferred.) Garnish with butter if desired.
- Serve hot salmon with rice, steamed broccoli, and peaches on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie