- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 medium apple
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/4 medium onion, red
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cup peaches, canned in own juice
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut apples into slices and then into thirds. Cut broccoli into small, bite-sized pieces; julienne carrots (or slice thinly), and chop onion into small pieces. Toss all together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, sugar, lemon juice, yogurt, and sour cream. Add 1/2 the dressing to the bowl with the veggies, along with the cooled rice, raisins, and chopped walnuts. Toss to thoroughly coat and combine. Add more dressing if desired to taste. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator if not serving immediately.
- Serve with sliced peaches on the side (use fresh if in season!).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie