- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon OREGANO, DRIED
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 pound beef roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 6 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup grapes
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Slice or chop the onion; add to hot skillet and cook until tender and caramelizing.
- Add smashed garlic cloves to the onions and sauté 3-5 minutes until they soften and become fragrant. Season with the herbs and spices (paprika through thyme), then remove from the heat.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Place it in a slow cooker (fat side up) and spread the onion mixture over top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, beef broth, and mustard; pour over the roast and onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat can be easily shredded with a fork.
- Meanwhile, dice tomato and slice bell pepper.
- Once cooked through, shred beef and add to tortillas; add topping ingredients as desired.
- Serve with grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie