- 12 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 3 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 4 ounce egg noodles
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cup peaches, frozen, sliced
- Cut carrots, celery, and onion into large, bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pot over high heat, add broth, chopped veggies, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and add chicken.
- Cover pot and boil on high for 20 minutes or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Remove chicken from the soup and set aside to cool.
- Stir egg noodles into the pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred into bite sized pieces, then stir back into the soup.
- Stir in parsley and hot sauce (if desired).
- Serve with frozen peaches for dessert!
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 2102mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g