- 3 cup macaroni pasta, dry
- 4 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium apple
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Peel carrots and cut in half; steam until tender. (You can do this on the stove, in the microwave, or using a steaming basket.)
- Place water and cooked carrots in a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; add the flour and continue whisking until a thick paste has been made (called a “roux”).
- Add carrot puree, roux, and cheese to the pasta. Heat over low and stir until smooth and blended. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with apple slices alongside.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 198mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g