- 4 medium apple
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Peel carrots and cut in half; steam until tender. (You can do this on the stove, in the microwave, or using a steaming basket.)
- Place water and cooked carrots in a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; add the flour and continue whisking until a thick paste has been made (called a “roux”).
- Add carrot puree, roux, and cheese to the pasta. Heat over low and stir until smooth and blended. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with apple slices alongside.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie