- 4 slice, medium bread, Italian
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook bacon as indicated on package, allowing to crisp. Pour excess fat into a large stock pot or Dutch oven. Crumble bacon and place aside.
- Heat stock pot with fat drippings over medium-high. Slice green onions, celery, and squash; toss into pot. Stir to coat and cook for 8 minutes, continuing to stir occasionally. (Reduce heat if veggies start to burn.)
- Mince garlic and add to pot; stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and add 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 1/2 cups corn, thyme, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add remaining corn and milk, and the cream to a blender; mix well. Add purée to stock pot. Stir and allow to heat through.
- Top soup with crumbled bacon. Serve with a slice of Italian bread and pineapple chunks on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie