- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup cilantro
- 12 ounce beef, top sirloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 cup pieces mango
- 1 medium peppers, jalapeño
- 2 ounce peanuts, dry-roasted, unsalted
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare rice: Bring 1 cup water, minced ginger, salt to boil. Add 1 cup rice and coconut milk, bring to boil again. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is done (approximately 15 minutes). Fluff, and stir in cilantro (if desired).
- Sprinkle steak evenly with 3/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steak stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into think slices.
- Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and next 3 ingredients (through jalapeno if using) in a medium bowl; toss. Top with peanuts.
- Steak may be served atop salad greens with rice (cooked according to directions on package).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie