- 1 medium squash, summer
- 3 medium russet potato
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cup grapes, red
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop squash; peel and chop potatoes and carrots; dice onion and mince garlic. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon butter; add the vegetables. Cook until soft and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Leaving veggies in the hot skillet, add one more tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons flour; let butter melt into the flour, forming a roux.
- Add milk to the skillet, and stir until thickened. Stir in cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, prepare your pie crust. Combine the remaining flour, salt, olive oil and water in a bowl, using your hands if necessary to incorporate all ingredients. Continue to knead until dough forms a ball.
- Split dough in half, and roll out onto a lightly floured surface. Line a pie plate with half the dough.
- Fill pie plate with the vegetable mixture, and top with the second piece of dough. Poke top with a fork a few times to help release steam while baking. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Cut into 6 wedges and serve with grapes on the side.
Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 324mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g