- 6 ounce whole wheat pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp, ground OREGANO, DRIED
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp, ground BASIL, DRIED, GROUND
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 cup pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook shells according to package.
- While shells cook, mix together ricotta, egg, oregano, parsley, basil, salt and pepper, and grate parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Once shells have cooled enough to touch, add an equal amount of ricotta mixture to each. Place in a large baking dish; pour over sauce, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese;
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Steam pea pods, and cut pineapple into chunks. Serve with the stuffed shells.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie