- 8 ounce manicotti pasta, dry
- 1/2 large mushrooms, portabella
- 1/8 medium onion
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounce ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice mushroom, onion, and carrot; grate zucchini, crush garlic, and roughly chop spinach.
- In a small bowl, mix Parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta cheeses together with the garlic and egg.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, zucchini, and spinach to the cheese mixture and stir until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into a large zip-lock bag; seal, then cut off one corner. Squeeze filling into each cooked manicotti shell.
- Place each stuffed shell into a large baking dish, top with sauce, then bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with additional mozzarella if desired, and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce, tomatoes, and carrots to a large bowl; top with your favorite dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve pasta with salad on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie