- 6 ounce pasta shells, jumbo
- 1/4 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey, ground
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 14 1/2 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 cup green beans
- 4 medium kiwi
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta shells for half the cooking time suggested on the package; make sure not to overcook. Drain and rinse, then set aside.
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and brown, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Pour in chicken broth and cook an additional minute or two.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta, Parmesan, egg, remaining salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Stir until combined.
- To assemble, coat the bottom of a baking dish with sauce. Fill each pasta shell with the cheese mixture and place face down in the dish, then top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle on extra Parmesan, if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Meanwhile, steam green beans.
- Serve pasta with green beans and sliced kiwi on the side.
Calories: 588kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 835mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g