- 2 cup strawberries, frozen, sweetened, whole
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 4 package (1 oz) gelatin, dry powder, unsweetened
- Thaw strawberries and place in a small pot along with the juice from the lemon. Add honey and heat over medium. Stir frequently, allowing fruit to soften and honey to dissolve.
- Cool slightly and add mixture to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. Alternatively, a handheld immersion blender can be used while mixture is still hot. (Yet another option – use a potato masher and allow fruit to add texture to the chews.)
- Place mixture into a bowl and gradually add in gelatin, gently stirring as needed to avoid clumps.
- Pour into a mold or baking sheet and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Shapes may be cut if desired.
- Store extras in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie