- 1 1/4 cup strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Set strawberries out to thaw (or run under cool water to thaw quickly).
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, or fill with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and nutmeg.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl, then whisk in the yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Chop strawberries and fold them into batter.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full, and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack until cooled completely.
- Garnish with powdered sugar before serving if desired.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie