- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 stalk celery
- 15 ounce kidney beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 medium orange
- 2 medium apple
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic, chop onion, pepper and celery.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add veggies and saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans; add to skillet and toss around for 2-3 minutes. Add rice, vinegar, salt, pepper and sliced green onions. Continue to cook until heated through.
- Toss spinach a large mixing bowl. Section oranges and cut into thirds. Slice apples and cut into thirds. Add oranges, apples and chopped walnuts with spinach. Toss to combine and use your favorite salad dressing if desired.
- Serve rice dish with salad on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie