- 1 pound pizza dough, whole wheat
- 1 cup basil, fresh
- 6 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 4 tablespoon Kalamata olives
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup strawberries
- Preheat oven 500 degrees and as it heats up, have your pizza stone in the oven. (You may use a heavy baking sheet if you do not have a stone).
- Allow dough to rest at room temperature before rolling out, for 20-30 minutes.
- Place basil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in food processor; pulse to form a paste. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, pulse until smooth.
- Roll dough into a 14 inch circle on a floured surface; pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Arrange dough on pizza stone. Spread about 2 1/2 tablespoons basil mixture over dough. Top evenly with grated cheese, chopped or sliced tomatoes, sliced olives and black pepper. Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Top with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons basil mixture; sprinkle evenly with salt (if desired). Cut into 12 slices.
- Serve hot, with sliced fruit. (Serving size: 2 slices, 1/2 cup strawberries)
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 975mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g