When I got home last night, my neighbor had left 2 lbs of snow peas for our family! Although, I may be sharing snow pea recipes all week, I wanted to start with a delicious way to eat them: Warm Green Pepper Snow Pea Salad!
First off, a little about this delicious food: Snow Peas are low in fat, high in fiber and protein. But it’s also a good source of Vitamin C, folate, manganese, potassium, thiamin, and even protein!
So, while these babies are just delicious raw, dipped in a little ranch, we also like to eat them warm.
|St. Patty’s Snow Peas||
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 Cups snow peas
- 1 TBL olive oil
- 2 TBL Feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Slice a section cross-ways out of your green pepper and save for a shamrock bowl.
- Chop snow peas in half.
- Chop the remaining part of the green pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
- Add snow peas and green pepper, and sautee until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add feta cheese.
- Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Drizzle honey/vinegar on warm snow peas.
- Scoop snow pea salad into your green pepper shamrock bowl.
PS. If you haven’t been to our meal planning site in awhile, we can now accept any credit card (as opposed to just paypal), and we have the St. Patricks day menu posted already! Plus, you can now sign up for our FREE 7 day trial!