- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 3 medium turnips
- 6 medium carrot
- 3 cup slices parsnips
- 7 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 4 slice, medium bread, Italian
- 4 medium orange
- Chop all vegetables into smaller, evenly sized pieces (for even cooking); mince garlic.
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add remaining veggies and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, high powered blender, or food processor, blend soup until smooth. Return to pot, season with salt, pepper, and parsley, and heat to desired temperature.
- Serve with a side of bread and fruit.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 792mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g