- 4 servings pasta shells, jumbo
- 2 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 cup (not packed) cottage cheese, lowfat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 cup spinach
- 1 cup, sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup, chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoon poppy seed dressing, light
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. While they boil, preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 9X13 inch baking dish by spreading 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on bottom. Set aside.
- Chop cauliflower into tiny pieces; even better, place the florets into a food processor and rice it. Place chopped cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl; add a 1/4 cup of water and cover loosely. Steam in the microwave until it becomes softer. Drain liquid and toss cauliflower into a large mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic, add to cauliflower. Add egg, mozzarella (about 1/2 cups) and cottage cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Place shells into baking dish; fill each with cheese mixture; top with remaining marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie