- Cook rice as directed on package; toss in freshly chopped parsley, set aside covered until ready to serve.
- Cut off rough ends of asparagus and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil setting. Lay foil down on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, place salmon on top and rub on jerk seasoning. Once oven is heated, bake salmon for 10 minutes or at least until fish flakes.
- While fish bakes, heat a large skillet over medium heat; drizzle remaining olive oil into skillet, allow to heat. Add asparagus, toss and cook for 5-6 minutes, allowing to begin to soften. (Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook asparagus in batches).
- Serve salmon over bed of rice, asparagus on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie