- 4 medium chicken drumsticks
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 3 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/8 cup vinegar, rice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, dried
- 2 cup mango cubes, frozen
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken onto a foil lined baking dish. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, mince garlic and grate ginger into a small bowl. Add remaining olive oil, sriracha sauce, vinegar, sugar, fish sauce, and remaining salt and pepper. Whisk together well.
- When chicken has baked for 15 minutes, brush on half of the sriracha mixture. Continue baking for another 10 minutes, then brush on remaining sriracha mixture.
- While chicken is baking, make quinoa as directed on package. Once done cooking, stir in juice of 1/4 of the lime, approximately 1 teaspoon of lime zest, diced tomatoes, and pine nuts; toss well to combine.
- Slice remaining lime.
- Serve chicken with quinoa, a wedge of lime for spritzing, and mango on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie