- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 block Tofu, firm
- 2 cup, chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook quinoa as directed on package; set aside.
- Cut tofu into cubes. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium. Add tofu and allow to slightly brown. Add chopped kale and freshly grated ginger; toss gently with the tofu. Cook for 1-2 minutes; remove from skillet.
- Cut broccoli into small florets, peel and slice carrots into match sticks. Add a teaspoon of olive oil to same skillet used for tofu; heat over medium. Add broccoli and carrots and saute for 4-5 minutes (longer if you prefer a softer bite. This is especially a good idea with toddlers). Season with salt, pepper, basil and sriracha (omit this if you would like a milder taste). Toss together to coat veggies. Remove from heat.
- Place quinoa into each of four bowls; add tofu, carrots and broccoli. Gently slice spinach and add to bowls. Top with pineapple chunks or serve on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie