- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Peel and cut squash into 1 inch cubes. Put onto a baking sheet and toss with cinnamon and nutmeg, cover with foil, and bake for 40 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350° F. Allow squash to cool.
- Spread coconut onto baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes, tossing every 2 minutes do it does not burn; cool.
- Mince shallots. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium. Add toasted coconut and shallots; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add squash, broth, and coconut milk; simmer for 5 minutes. Blend until smooth using an immersion blender. Add more broth as needed to keep mixture from becoming too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; garnish with a small amount of coconut milk if desired. Serve dinner rolls and orange wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie