- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set butter out to soften.
- Cut softened butter into pieces and add to a food processor with all remaining ingredients except for milk. Pulse the processor 5 seconds at a time 5 or 6 times until the dough is in coarse crumbs.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk and process until the dough gathers together in a ball. Add more milk little by little if needed.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface until it is about 1/8 inch thick. (Make sure to flour your rolling pin as well.)
- Cut the dough into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. (You can put a bit of flour on the blade of the knife as well to keep it from sticking.) Use the flat end of a wooden skewer to poke a hole in the center of each cracker.
- Place the crackers at least ¼ inch apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Let the crackers cool completely before serving.
Calories: 20kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 33mg