- Place a piece of parchment paper into slow cooker. This will allow you to easily lift meatloaf out for serving.
- Chop green onions, mince garlic, drain and rinse beans, drain chiles.
- Using a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce, oats, onions, corn, 1/2 cup black beans, chopped cilantro, cumin, salt, onion powder, chilies and garlic. Lightly whisk egg and add to bowl. Mix well using clean hands and then shape into a loaf that will fit your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Remove meatloaf from slow cooker using parchment paper. There will likely be liquid on the bottom of slow cooker; drain this. Then return meat loaf. Spread some enchilada sauce of the top and sprinkle with cheese. Cover once again, cook until cheese has melted.
- Well before the meatloaf has finished cooking, prepare your side dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice Brussels sprouts into quarters and toss into a bowl with a lid. Add olive oil, juice, salt and pepper. Cover and shake to coat. Spread onto a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the edges of some of the sprouts begin to crisp. Remove from oven and while hot and on baking sheet, toss with almonds and cranberries. Pop back into the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and serve with meatloaf.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie