- 1 1/2 medium onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cup (1 serving) Morningstar “beef” crumbles (vegetarian)
- 4 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 4 can (6 oz) tomato paste, canned
- 18 oz water
- 6 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 cup green beans
- 8 ounce Spaghetti
- Finely dice 2 cups of onions and 4 cloves of garlic.
- Put the oil in a large skillet and heat to medium low.
- Add the onion and saute util it is translucent. About 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except the 12 ounce package frozen meatless crumbles. (about 56 total ounces diced tomatoes, 2 large cans or 4 smaller ones)
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours adding the frozen meatless crumbles the last two hours.
- If you want to cook on high then cook 3 to 4 hours adding the frozen meatless crumbles the last hour.
- Serve hot with spaghetti.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie