- 8 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium orange
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium orange
- 6 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing, light
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Peel and chop carrots, chop onion, and juice one orange.
- Place all ingredients for the soup into a crockpot (using just the juice from the orange).
- Cook for 4 hours on high or for 6-7 hours on low. Then, use an immersion blender to purée until smooth.
- While soup is cooking, peel the remaining two oranges, splitting them into wedges.
- Add orange wedges, spinach, and dressing to a large bowl and toss until well mixed.
- Serve soup with salad and rolls on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie