- 2 medium kiwi
- 2 cup pineapple
- 2 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- Chop onion and garlic, set aside. Cut potatoes into quarters.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, curry, cinnamon, salt, garlic, and grated ginger and cook for just 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a 4-quart slow cooker, then stir in the split peas, water, and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, depending on your schedule.
- About 15 minutes before you’re ready to serve, stir in the green peas and cream of coconut. Replace cover and continue to cook until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice kiwi, chop pineapple, and drain oranges.
- Spoon soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro if desired. Serve with fruit on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie