- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 5 medium potato, red
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 1 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 cup split peas, dry
- 6 cup water
- 2 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/8 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 medium kiwi
- 2 cup pineapple
- 2 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- Chop onion and garlic, set aside. Cut potatoes into quarters.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, curry, cinnamon, salt, garlic, and grated ginger and cook for just 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a 4-quart slow cooker, then stir in the split peas, water, and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, depending on your schedule.
- About 15 minutes before you’re ready to serve, stir in the green peas and cream of coconut. Replace cover and continue to cook until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice kiwi, chop pineapple, and drain oranges.
- Spoon soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro if desired. Serve with fruit on the side.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 189mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 16g