- 1 1/2 pound beef roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup steak sauce, tomato based
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 medium sweet potato
- 6 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- 3 medium apple
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt evenly over beef.
- Stir together remaining salt, pressed garlic, and the next 6 ingredients. Pour half the mixture into a slow cooker.
- Add beef to slow cooker, then pour remaining sauce mixture over top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours, then shred with two forks.
- When almost ready to eat, fill a medium-size saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes. Boil until fork tender, then drain and mash.
- Slice rolls in half and add meat, forming sandwiches.
- Serve beef sandwiches with mashed sweet potatoes and sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1624mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 26g