- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 3 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 medium apple
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 4 medium beet
- 1 medium shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, rice
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, thyme, salt, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne.
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices, and then place in the bottom of a slow cooker, along with sliced onion.
- Coat pork with seasoning mixture and place on top of potatoes.
- Peel and slice apples. Add to slow cooker along with cranberries, water and soy sauce. Cover and cook on high for 1 -1 1/2 hours. Turn heat to low and continue cooking for another 5-6 hours.
- Approximately 20 minutes before serving pork, prepare beet salad: Peel beets and shallot. Add them to a food processor and carefully pulse until beets are shredded, NOT pureed. Scrape out into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix in mustard, oil, and vinegar; toss to combine.
- Shred or slice pork and serve with potatoes, apples, and beets on the side.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 838mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 24g