Slow Cooked Chicken BurritosPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 1-2 wraps, 1/3 cup chicken/veggie mixture per wrap, 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 medium lime
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 6 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup raspberries
- Place chicken on a cutting board and cut into quarters. Finely chop onion and mince garlic.
- Place above ingredients in a crockpot, along with broth, corn, pepper, chili powder, cumin, juice from the lime, oregano, and chopped cilantro.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is easy to shred.
- Remove chicken from crockpot, shred with two forks, then place back into the pot.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and add to the chicken; cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes (or longer if you prefer softer peppers).
- Meanwhile, dice tomatoes, and shred lettuce and cheese (if not already done).
- Place chicken mixture into the center of the tortillas, then sprinkle with toppings as desired.
- Serve burritos with raspberries on the side.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 395mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g