- 2 cup pineapple
- Thinly slice beef and place into slow cooker.
- Cut bell peppers and onion into large pieces and place on top of beef.
- Pour in broth. Add minced garlic, 1 tsp salt, pepper, and hot sauce (if desired). Stir well to combine. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until beef is no longer pink.
- About half an hour before beef is done, cook rice according to package.
- When beef is fully cooked, mix 1/2 cup water, corn starch, and remaining tsp of salt in a small saucepan; whisk well to remove lumps. Add 1 cup of liquid from the beef and continue whisking. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow to thicken, stirring continuously to prevent sticking or scorching.
- Add thickened sauce back to beef and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice with pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie