- 1 1/2 pound pork roast
- 2 cup barbecue sauce
- Place pork and barbecue sauce into a crockpot; cook on low for 8 hours (Remember that if you are using a lean cut of pork, it may be done within 6 hours so just be sure to check on it to avoid drying out).
- Before dinner, cut the potatoes into large cubes, then cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Once tender, drain potatoes, then add butter, milk, salt, and pepper. Whip with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Heat peas in a small saucepan until thawed and warmed through. Core and slice apples.
- Serve pork with potatoes, peas, and apple slices on the side. (3/4 cup shredded pork, 1 potato, 1/2 apple, 1/2 cup peas)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie