- 3 pound chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 3 slices (1″ dia) ginger root, fresh
- 1 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 cup strawberries
- Place chicken in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Peel ginger root and slice into thin pieces. Crush with the back of a wooden spoon to release the juices, then sprinkle over top of the chicken.
- Whisk together soy sauce, water, and brown sugar; pour over chicken, cover, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Just before settling in for dinner, prepare the rice as directed on the package.
- Chop broccoli into bite-size pieces and place into a microwave safe dish. Add 1/4 cup of water and cook on high for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Serve chicken with rice, broccoli, and strawberries on the side. (Serving size: 2 thighs, 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup strawberries)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie