- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium onion
- 1 none chicken, 3 lb roaster
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 medium squash, summer
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 medium peach
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Combine the dried spices (paprika through black pepper) in a small bowl.
- Cut the onion into large chunks and place it in the bottom of a large slow cooker.
- Remove and discard any meat giblets, then rub the spice mixture all over the chicken. If desired, you can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
- Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, then cover and turn to high. (There is no need to add any liquid.)
- Cook for 4-5 hours or until the chicken easily falls from the bones.
- About half an hour before serving, preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice squash and arrange in a 9 x 13″ baking dish; melt butter and drizzle over top, then top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, slice peaches.
- Serve chicken with squash, peaches, and rolls on the side.
Calories: 575kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 71g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 1234mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g