- 2 oz Spaghetti
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 8 ounce beef, ground, 70% lean
- 4 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tsp, leaves BASIL, DRIED, GROUND
- 1 tsp, leaves OREGANO, DRIED
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1/2 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup, chopped or sliced tomato, red
- 2 tbsp chopped onion, red
- 2 cup pineapple
- Prepare pasta as directed on the package. While it boils, prepare meatballs.
- Mix beef with 1/4 cup marinara sauce, wheat germ (more wheat germ may be added if you want a drier consistency), salt, pepper and herbs. Shape into 1in balls an set each aside until all meat has been made into meatballs.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, drizzle oil into pan. Toss in your meatballs and allow to brown on all sides. Cover and continue to cook through, until no longer pink.
- Assemble salad with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, diced onion and top with pineapple.
- Heat remaining sauce in a small pan on the stove; then serve pasta with drizzle of sauce, 2-3 meatballs and salad on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie