- 4 each chicken breast
- 2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 cup, sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup, chopped pecans
- 4 slice, medium bread, Italian
- Add chicken and barbecue sauce to crockpot; stir to be sure chicken is coated. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Before chicken is finished cooking, prepare salad: Roughly chop lettuce and slice strawberries; drain oranges, reserving 2-3 tablespoons of liquid. Add lettuce to a large bowl along with all fruit. In a small bowl whisk together reserved liquid, honey, and the juice of one lemon; pour over salad, and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with feta and pecans.
- Serve chicken with salad on the side and a slice of Italian bread.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie