- 1 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 4 ounces Shrimp, mixed, cooked
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4 medium orange
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 medium avocado
- Prepare rice as directed on package.
- Chop onion; divide one orange into sections, and reserve the remaining oranges for a side with the meal.
- Mince garlic and cook it with onion in a skillet coated with cooking spray on medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Stir in vinegar, sugar and black pepper, cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat, spoon into bowl. Chop tomato and add to onion mixture along with orange slices and 1/4 of lime juiced.
- In the same skillet used for vegetables, melt butter on medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink in color; approximately 4-5 minutes. Turn off heat and add the salsa mixture. Serve over rice topped with an avocado slice and extra orange wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie