- 2 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 4 medium tomato, red
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1 cup, shredded fontina cheese
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 4 cup watermelon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook quinoa as directed on package.
- While quinoa is cooking, cut tomatoes into chunks and mix with 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning; set aside. Chop onion and mince garlic; set aside separately.
- In a large skillet (preferably oven-safe), heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium. Season shrimp with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning and add to skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until shrimp has become opaque in color. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the same skillet and add onions and garlic. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally; onions should become translucent. Stir in the cooked quinoa, tomatoes, tomato paste, shrimp, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun spice.
- If skillet is oven-proof, sprinkle cheese on top and place directly into oven. Otherwise, place mixture into an 8X10 baking dish before adding the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starts to brown.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve with watermelon on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie