- 8 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoon vinegar, rice
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet red chili sauce
- 3 stalk green onion
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 cup cherries
- Cook pasta to al dente according to the package instructions; drain, reserving the liquid.
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces and mince garlic.
- Bring the pasta water back to a boil, then add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes until bright green in color. Drain water out and cool down broccoli with ice cold water. Add pasta back to the pot and set aside.
- Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and allow to heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Pour sauce over linguine and broccoli; toss to coat, then place over medium and cook until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with cherries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie