- 8 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoon vinegar, rice
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet red chili sauce
- 3 stalk green onion
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 cup cherries
- Cook pasta to al dente according to the package instructions; drain, reserving the liquid.
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces and mince garlic.
- Bring the pasta water back to a boil, then add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes until bright green in color. Drain water out and cool down broccoli with ice cold water. Add pasta back to the pot and set aside.
- Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and allow to heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Pour sauce over linguine and broccoli; toss to coat, then place over medium and cook until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with cherries on the side.