- 4 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 2 breast chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup ASPARAGUS
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 fruit (2-3/8″ dia) lemon
- 1 tsp, ground OREGANO, DRIED
- 4 tbsp, chopped basil, fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1 cup hearts artichoke hearts, jarred
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 fruit (2-5/8″ dia) orange
- Begin by cooking pasta according to package directions. Cut chicken into cubes. Heat a skillet on medium high with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook chopped chicken until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep skillet warm.
- Cut asparagus into bite-sized pieces (taking care to remove the bottom that is tough in texture). Slice zucchini, slice garlic, squeeze lemon to retrieve 2 tablespoons of lemon juice; chop basil. Cut cheese into small cubes, set aside covered.
- Pour the other tablespoon of oil into the skillet then add garlic; cook for 1-2 minutes. Add asparagus, zucchini, salt and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add artichokes, tomatoes, broth, garlic powder; cook until broth has reduced by half. Return the chicken to the skillet. Mix in the herbs, cooked pasta, lemon juice and cheese cubes.
- Serve with orange wedges.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie