- 2 cup, sliced strawberries
- Mince garlic and set aside.
- For the sandwich spread: chop basil and toss into a small mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, 1/2 of the minced garlic, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- For the meat spices: In another small bowl mix parsley, 2 teaspoons of lemon zest, the remaining garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Press meat spices onto the steak. Drizzle skillet with oil and cook steaks for 9-11 minutes or until medium-rare, flipping half-way through. Remove and place onto a cutting board. Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat sandwich press. Add spread to 4 slices of flatbread. Thinly slice steaks and lay onto bread. Add 1-2 slices of tomato and a slice of cheese. Add second slice of bread to the top, and place into a sandwich press. Cook until bread crisps and cheese melts. Slice in half or quarters.
- Serve with sliced strawberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie