- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup leaves, whole basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 steak beef steak, any cut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 piece flatbread, plain
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 slice (1 oz) cheddar cheese
- 2 cup, sliced strawberries
- Mince garlic and set aside.
- For the sandwich spread: chop basil and toss into a small mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, 1/2 of the minced garlic, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- For the meat spices: In another small bowl mix parsley, 2 teaspoons of lemon zest, the remaining garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Press meat spices onto the steak. Drizzle skillet with oil and cook steaks for 9-11 minutes or until medium-rare, flipping half-way through. Remove and place onto a cutting board. Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat sandwich press. Add spread to 4 slices of flatbread. Thinly slice steaks and lay onto bread. Add 1-2 slices of tomato and a slice of cheese. Add second slice of bread to the top, and place into a sandwich press. Cook until bread crisps and cheese melts. Slice in half or quarters.
- Serve with sliced strawberries on the side.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 480mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g