- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup broccoli
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned
- 4 large egg
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 medium banana
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Chop broccoli and green onions, keeping green and white parts of onions separate.
- Add broccoli and whites of onions to hot skillet. Season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 4-6 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Drain and rinse beans. Whisk eggs together with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Combine green parts of onions with beans, and add to broccoli in the hot skillet. Cook and scramble until eggs are set: approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Lay out tortillas on each of four plates. Top with cheese, egg mixture, and cilantro (if using). Roll up into burritos and cut in half. Top with salsa and serve with halved bananas on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie