Scallop Scampi and PeppersPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 1 ounce pasta, 4-5 scallops, 1/2 cup fruit
- 8 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 1 pound scallops (bay and sea), steamed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- 1 medium pomegranate
- Remove seeds (arils) from pomegranate, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, cover, and set aside until scallops are finished cooking.
- You will need about 16-20 scallops total. If needed, remove any white muscle from the side of scallops.
- Heat wok, swirl in 1 tablespoon of oil, and then carefully add the scallops. Cook for 1 minute, then add minced garlic and stir fry for approximately one minute longer. Scallops will be opaque and not quite cooked through; remove them and place on a plate.
- Swirl in remaining oil and add sliced peppers; cook for 1 minute, then toss scallops back into wok, add sweet red chili sauce, and stir fry until scallops are completely cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve scallops and peppers over linguini with pineapple chunks and pomegranate arils on the side.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 607mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g