- Cook pasta to al dente as directed on package, cover and set aside, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Chop onion and bell pepper; mince garlic. Heat oil in a large sauté pan; add vegetables, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove casing on sausage and add to skillet. Cook 6-8 minutes until browned, stirring to break sausage into smaller bits as it cooks.
- Add kale, cover and allow to wilt: 2-3 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet along with 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water. Bring to boil. Add cheese and stir, adding more reserved water if needed. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve with grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie